Over the past number of years, Ireland has a built a strong reputation as a jurisdiction of choice for the location of Special Purpose Vehicles (‘SPVs’), particularly in the area of structured finance transactions.
As a consequence of Ireland’s attractive tax regime, there has been a significant level of investment in Structured Finance transactions involving Irish SPVs in recent years.
At Canyon CTS, our team have assisted clients with regard to various types of structured finance deals, including securitisations, aircraft leasing transactions, quoted eurobond issuances and various other asset backed transactions.
Our services typically include company formation, company secretarial, provision of registered office, procurement of Irish resident directors, administration/accounting & financial reporting services, escrow services, share trustee services, registrar and paying agency services, where required.
The Canyon CTS portfolio of clients in respect of which we provide structured finance solutions, includes:
- US based global private investment firm (managing more than $7.4 billion), which undertook a $515 million aircraft securitisation deal in 2014 and a $713 million securitisation deal in 2015;
- UK based private equity firm (in excess of £10 billion in AUM), in a transaction involving the acquisition of shipping tankers (valued at approximately €100 million) using Irish SPV platforms and approximately €700 million debt restructuring transaction using Irish SPV platforms where the underlying asset was real estate and the counterparty was Bank of China;
- US based global aircraft leasing group with transaction values in excess of $100 million, part financed by Credit Agricole and Airbus;
- US based private equity firm along with a Canadian based global investment management organisation in the acquisition of the world’s number one independent provider of enterprise data integration software and services for a value of approximately $5.3 billion;
- US based private equity firm, which is one of the world’s leading private, alternative asset management firms, with approximately $75 billion in assets under management involved in portfolio investments; and
- US based global private equity and venture capital firm with in excess of $13 billion AUM in connection with structured deals involving real estate and non performing debt.